Skip to main content


SOUR PATCH GRAPES – HEALTHIER THAN THE CANDY!

SOUR PATCH GRAPES ARE A GREAT SOUR CANDY FIX! WITH ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS THEY TASTE LIKE YOU THREW GRAPES INTO THE MACHINES AT THE SOUR PATCH CANDY FACTORY! 

Sour Patch Grapes are my new go to for my sour candy fix! With only two ingredients, these candied grapes come together in seconds and taste like you threw deliciously tart green grapes into the machines at the Sour Patch Candy factory!

I feel like every time I say “check back in for xyz recipe tomorrow” I end up delaying the recipe and picking something else I just can’t wait to share! Today’s post was such an unexpected home run I didn’t want to wait another day to post it! In fact while most of my posts are not made/eaten the day before the post, these Sour Patch Grapes were actually made last night and I stayed up late to write this post and bump my Vanilla Ice Cream for them

All my life I have been a HUGE fan of Sour Patch Kids and sour candy in general. I’m such a fan of them that I had started buying them in bulk and then switched to bulk but individually wrapped packages so I don’t eat a huge handful! The tart and sweet flavors are a favorite and given a choice between a bowl of sour candy and ANY other dessert (ok 99% of other desserts) I would choose the bowl of sour candy. 

I chose Jolly Rancher Green Apple, Jolly Rancher Watermelon (I can’t do cherry or strawberry jello ever again after the hospital stay when I had my youngest. Red jello is officially not a part of my diet ever again!), Jello Lemon and Jello Orange. 

Here is my method (I used toothpicks since I had a box of 1000 laying around not being used). Take one bowl of freshly washed green grapes and a small bowl of water. (Foam dinosaurs optional)

Poke a toothpick in through the spot where the stem was attached. Using toothpick, dip in water and roll in mix that is in a tilted bowl for easy rolling

Let the grapes stay on the toothpicks until the liquid is dried and they have formed a crust of sweet and sour magic.

Put in fridge for as long as it takes to chill them completely. I also froze a few to test, I will update my post in the morning about how good they are! Once they are fully chilled you can easily remove the toothpicks. Repeat the steps with each individual flavor, you can choose any flavors you’d like, I chose mine to mimic the colors of original Sour Patch Kids. Once they’ve dried, serve it up in a bowl and watch your toddler (if you happen to have one handy) say “wooooooowwwwwwwwww” over and over again!

INGREDIENTS
3 pounds of green grapes
toothpicks
1 cup water

PREPARATION
1. Pour ⅓ of each flavor into small bowls.

2. Poke a toothpick in through the spot where the stem was attached.

3. Using toothpick, dip in water and roll in mix. (Or just have a bowl of grapes sitting in water).

4. Put in fridge for as long as it takes to chill them completely.

5. I also froze a few to test, I will update my post in the morning about how good they are!

6. Once they are fully chilled you can easily remove the toothpicks.

7. Enjoy!

Tip
This post contains affiliate links.

Popular posts from this blog

RASPBERRY MASCARPONE TART WITH CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST

A dark chocolate cookie crust filled with whipped mascarpone and topped with raspberries.  Perfect for Valentine’s Day! Do you do anything special for Valentine’s Day?  We really don’t go like to go crazy for this “holiday”, our life is crazy enough 🙂  Although you won’t find us in a restaurant,  maybe I’ll make dessert.   Sometimes I’ll make a heart shaped breakfast for the kids, or some heart shaped cookies.  So creative I know! Stepping away from the hearts this year, but I definitely think that for Valentine’s Day chocolate is a must!  That’s why I started this tart with a dark chocolate cookie crust.  The rich chocolate flavor goes perfectly well with the smooth creamy whipped mascarpone filling.  Mascarpone cheese is a little indulgent (and challenging to spell!) but what better excuse than love to bake with the best ingredients. A few simple raspberries are the topping.  I just love the gorgeous color they gave t...

Quick cheese snack

INGREDIENTS Oil for frying Parsley 2 egg whites A dash of salt 1 tablespoon of flour or breadcrumbs for coating 100g of cheese PREPARATION 1. Grate the cheese. Cool the egg whites and whisk them together with salt. 2. Add the cheese and mix everything together. Season it with salt and pepper if desired. 3. Make small balls, coat them in the flour (or breadcrumbs). 4. Heat up the oil in a pan and fry the balls evenly, turning them over with a fork. Do not fry more than 3 balls at one time. Let the fried balls dry on paper towels. 5. Serve with chopped parsley. brightside.me

CHERRY GALETTES WITH ALMOND SOUR CREAM CRUST

Another month has passed and it’s time for Mystery Dish!  This month’s host was Sarah at The Pajama Chef.  She put together an great list of items including:  coffee, sour cream, farro, almonds, cherries, watermelon, cantaloupe, jicama, cucumber, tomatoes, flavored oils, herbs, cornmeal and hot peppers.  Since cherries are one of the few fruits I love, and they are only in season for approximately 12 seconds each year, I knew they had to be in my recipe.  Visions of pastry danced in my head. When served up a fruit pie, I tend to eat all the crust and leave the fruit on my plate.  I can truly embrace a “pie” with a higher crust to filling ratio.  How I love the galette (French),  also sometimes known as a crostata (Italian).  Regardless of the origins, who doesn’t love more buttery flaky crust? We had to use at least 3 ingredients in our mystery dish, so I decided to add some almonds and sour cream into my pie crust.   Sour cre...